November 29, 2010

A violin, and a voice

There's a song warming Me tonight. It's simple really. I've been haunted by the tune for a few years now, would hear it on NPR, or in the background of some convenient movie scene. Sticks to the ribs, makes Me feel satisfied and so…. I guess I'd say cared for.

"How long do you want to be loved?
Is forever enough, is forever enough?"

Finally got around to downloading it, "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks.

This would be the first Dixie Chicks song that really "got" Me.

It's cold outside, and thoughts of what matters, and who I do love, pang deep. Maybe it's part of our hibernation, our withdrawal. Quiet fire, probably a bit too much food, a few hugs and thoughts of the past. And yes, our luck with the present.

Will you, dear reader, be in My future?