October 18, 2009

The Matters of Master

In the depth of a very hot August this year, I wrote about a decadent diversion, blog post -
Star sparkle sky. Together, distinct. In the sultriness of summer, I went to a large group gathering of BDSM folk, camping in the woods on a beautiful property. Several hundred perverts, wandering through trees & outdoor dungeons. Late at night the cries of ecstatic slaves, being flogged, whipped, zapped….

I remember feeling particularly sexy that weekend. I'd been getting a good share of sun, my skin was warm and bronzed. I'd just had a deep blue summer dress tailored – it was just a tad too long, and I had the hem raised. Had to show off the legs! My somewhat unnaturally muscular legs. I look at them sometimes and wonder, how did they get so tight? Hehe! Surely I digress (and don't call Me Shirley…).

While walking up a steep hill, I was approached by a very tall man, white grey hair, abundantly mustachioed, who was entirely too friendly. "Well hello there…" or some such, was his approach. I cast a wary glance.

Later in the evening, I found His campsite snugly aside My friend's camping spot, and we all became more acquainted. He, you see, is the wanton wielder of the Santa zapper! And wouldn't you know it, His partner and He, were quite charming and warm. Gems found in a natural setting, these two.

Later, as summer progressed, and fall approached, we stayed in touch. Mistresses need friends, just as much as slaves, and I became closer to this Master of mischief. He had a calm sense of grounding that I found soothing.

I turned to him recently, with a matter of heart. I'd been dating a submissive, owned by another Mistress, and the dynamics were starting to strain. I called Master "Santa" for a bit of advice. He lives the Master/slave relationship in his own world, and embraces polyamory, while this monogamous Mistress needed a little perspective.

He soothed, and listened. Validated and pondered. I felt heard, understood, and a bit bolstered. As I get more face time with BDSM folk, I find many degrees of health and harm. The couples that seem the most content, communicate gangbusters, and value the process of discovery. Conflict will happen, it’s part of the goods. The price of admission, as Dan Savage says. HOW we respond, driven by love, or fear, makes or breaks the bond.

All this to say, thank you Santa man. I am grateful for your thoughts of late. Lovers may bring depth and intensity, yet I find friends that accept you, help even the waters. Stability can be found, in the midst of our kinks.