May 8, 2010

Uke, bounce!

While driving through a northwestern American town, away from home this week, I made My way down a main road. I was checking out the scene. Small town. High unemployment. Nostalgia, and yet a hard edge, not that hidden. Hint of desperation.

Then out of the blue, on a tall store front window, BIG bold words struck out in gold: HEADQUARTERS FOR ALL UKULELE SALES.

I stared for a moment. Pondered just how proud they were of their headquarters. Apparently, very. Then the hint, became something more. … Ukuleles, hm?

And now onto the next.

I've been working 30+ hours a week on a writing contract lately, and I will most likely be working through the next 1-2 weeks on the same work. This means – weekends I'll be more available, and a few hours here and there during the week. Catch Me online if you can!

I've got this new bouncy thing in the house. Ask about that!